- This software is part of QBasic apps package.
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Program author:
- Other software projects hosted at svjatoslav.eu
2 Operating principle
Parses scene definition language and creates 3D world based on it. Result will be in a wavefront obj file, witch can be then visualized using external renderer.
Basic concept of defining scene is:
- Simple and primitive objects are created on point and polygon level.
- More complex ones can be created my combinig already existing ones, while applying various transformations on them.
Objects with all its subobjects can be rotated, mirrored or resized omong any axis. Generator has built in cache for data input and output to minimize file access.
3 System requirements
- Unpack ZIP file in any folder.
- update include path inside bin/3dparse.bas
4.0.1 Directory layout
- 3dparse.bas - 3D generator main executable
- city1.3d - city with square-like buildings
- city2.3d - city with hexangular buildings
- result.mtl - shared material library
- *.bat - quick launch scripts
- include - 3D objects used to compose the scene
5 Scene description language
defines new segment
p x y z
defines new point
f p1 p2 p3 p4
defines new polygon, p4 may be unused
displays warning message, and wait for key
mtlrnd material ...
selects random material from list
obj object xz45 xy20 x+3 y*2
includes sub object, can be rotated moved or resized, across X Y Z. If object name begin vith ~ then it will be loaded from current directory. if object name ends with ~ then object will be parsed directly from file, and not chached, to allow loading of greater than 500 lines files.
rnd p^1^2^3 p^7^2^1
select random command to execute, ^ will be converted to spaces.
# whatever text
specify output file name, must be first command
set variable contents
set variable contents, variable must be number, contents can be string. max variables is 100. first is 0.
anycommand %1 anything
inserts variable 1 contents info line
cmp flag string1 string2
compares strings, and inserts TRUE to flag, if they are equal, else inserts FALSE. max 9 falgs, 0 first. Each subobject has its own flags.
executes command if flag is true.
exapmle: ?3 obj car z*2 xy45
dummy function, does notheing
Make sure you have QB binaries in your PATH. Execute
to generate example cities. After parsing is finished, appropriate *.obj files will appear in the bin directory holding generated scene. Visualize scene with your favourite renderer.